These days, Television commands majority of consumers video time across the age spectrum, across all ethnicities. An average consumer spends 9 out of 10 video minutes with the television (P2+). In fact, among the elusive teens and young adults, TV is the preferred video viewing platform with millennials’ spending 85% of their video time with TV screen.
Some highlights of our findings:
- TV remains the dominant video platform across all demographics, across all ethnicities
- 91% of P2+ video time is spent with the TV
- 85% of millennial’s video time is spent with the television
- TV is dominant among Blacks, Hispanics and Asians
- ‘Live TV’ comprises bulk of viewing
- Consumers video viewing on computer continues to erode while smartphone video increases. Viewers are migrating in droves, driving smartphone’s video reach to its highest level to date.
- 12% less consumers watching video on computer (P2+)
- 6% increase in smartphone video consumption; 45% more time spent (P2+)
- App/Web usage achieves its highest level to date, 176 million/monthly consumers (P2+)
- Multimedia device penetration and usage up significantly – penetration currently at 22%
- Time spent with multimedia devices is highest among millennials – 30 minutes/month
- Gains experienced across the age spectrum
Click here to download the report.