VAB REPORT:TV EVERYWHERE:ACCESSING PREMIUM VIDEO CONTENT ACROSS MULTIPLE SCREENS
TV Everywhere Summary
• TV Everywhere is gaining traction – authentication rate is at 60% for long-form (2Q15)
• Traction is partly due to the authentication process being less of a barrier now as most rank
experience as easy
• Awareness is still an issue as half are not aware of TVE
• A quarter of MVPD subscribers have the TVE App installed on their mobile devices but those who
install, use it frequently (45% use app on a weekly basis)
• TV Everywhere authentications through connected TV is gaining popularity – up 110% in 2Q15 v.
yag and viewing frequency has grown 35%.
• TVE leads to increased TV viewing – 64% of all viewers who watch TV everywhere say they watch
more TV overall; for Millennials, number is more pronounced at 72%
• TV Everywhere provides value: Preserves retention, increases consumer loyalty, provides flexibility –
personalized viewing experience, retains viewership
What is TV Everywhere?
TV Everywhere allows consumers to access TV content they already subscribe to across
multiple screens through their service provider authentication (subscriber verification).
The Principles of TV Everywhere
• Bring more TV content, more easily, to more people across platforms
• MVPD subscribers can watch programming from their favorite TV networks
on multiple screens for no additional charge
• Subscribers can access this content using any broadband connection
Note: TVE availability will vary by MVPD. Programming can also vary based on content providers MVPD agreements
Consumers Access TV Everywhere Content Through a
Variety of Programmer and MVPD Apps
Some Examples Of TV Everywhere Apps
Watch All Your TV From Home, Anywhere You Go
There are quite a few different services available – depending on your TV provider and which networks you’re paying for. Different networks support different platforms, and some apps are available on more devices than others.
Click HERE to View the Full Report